Can You Change The Image You Have of Yourself?
Do you know who you want to become? Or are you someone that reacts to everything and everyone? Do you react because it is your default personality? Do you mimic others because you have no idea who your authentic self is?
Are you at the affect of your emotions and the circumstances of your life? Or do you create the circumstances that you want in your life?
Have you tried to change without much success? Does it seem hopeless that you will ever be able to be the person you want to be?
Can you change the image you have of yourself? YES.
You can be the person you want to become. Two processes are required. Change the image you have of yourself and change the beliefs that block you from being yourself.
* First, write down the image you have of yourself. (The more the better.)
* Write and write everything down.
* Turn your sentences into tapping statements.
* Tap out the statements.
Then reverse the process:
* Write and write the new image you want of yourself. (The more the better.)
* Make into tapping statements.
* Either tap the sentence as you have written or put a “no” in the sentence if you don’t think you have succeed yet in becoming those qualities. (Remember, we tap out what we don’t want. What we already have is not an issue.)
Let’s use change as an example. You want to change and haven’t been able to change.
Write down the current image:
I’ll never be able to change. I will never be able to become the person I want to be. I don’t have the courageous to move through the process of change. Nothing changed in the past so nothing will change now. Nothing ever works for me. I’m destine to be at the affect of my emotions forever. Once a loser, always a loser.
Make these statements into tapping statements and tap:
* I’ll never be able to change.
* I will never be able to become the person I want to be.
* I don’t have the courageous to move through the process of change.
* Nothing changed in the past so nothing will change now.
* Nothing ever works for me.
* I’m destine to be at the affect of my emotions forever.
* Once a loser, always a loser.
Reverse the process:
I am a person that can change. I can become the person I want to be. I have the courageous to become the person I want to become. I am a winner! I am at the affect of myself. I can be my authentic self.
Evaluate. Does everything that you wrote out the second time feel true. No tugs on your head or heart? If so, you did good! If not, you can make the statements when you reversed the process into tapping statements as well…by adding a “no” into the statement.
* I am a person that cannot change.
* I can’t become the person I want to be.
* I don’t have the courageous to become the person I want to become.
* I am not a winner!
* I am at the affect of myself.
* I can’t be my authentic self.
Evaluate again. Anything still tugging on your head and heart would require a closer look to discover the challenge to changing the image.
© Tessa Cason, 2020.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here