Healing from the Loss of a Loved One (Part 3of 3)
Grief is more than sadness. It is more than unhappiness. Grief is a loss. Something of value is gone. Grief is an intense loss that breaks our heart. Loss can be the death of a loved one, a pet, a way of life, a job, a marriage, one’s own imminent death. Grief is real.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross described five states of grief. These states are not sequential, they may coexist with other states, be completely skipped, occur intermittently, or repeat themselves. She believed that grief was a continuously evolving process that offers potential for growth.
The five states are:
Over time, unhealed grief becomes anger, resentment, blame, righteousness, and/or remorse. We become someone that we are not. It takes courage to move through the grief and all the emotions buried deep within. The depth of our pain lets us know that someone or something was very important to us. The depth of our pain also lets us know that there is a depth to us.
EFT Tapping can help to heal our grief- the loss of a loved one.
41. I have to put on a brave face.
42. It’s never going to get better.
43. I miss who we were together.
44. I don’t want to say good-bye.
45. Nothing seems real anymore.
46. I miss the life we used to live.
47. I don’t allow myself to grieve.
48. People avoid me and my grief.
49. My life is empty without them.
50. I feel helpless, anxious, and lost.
51. Life is not worth living anymore.
52. I still can’t believe they are gone.
53. I miss the life I was going to live.
54. I don’t know how to find closure.
55. I feel nauseous and fatigued a lot.
56. I feel lost, unable to find my way.
57. My life ended when their life did.
58. I feel dazed, confused, and numb.
59. I’m tired of everyone’s sympathy.
60. I haven’t learned to breathe again.
© Tessa Cason, 2021.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here